Which is safer Pradaxa or Xarelto?

In the RE-LY trial, Pradaxa (dabigatran), showed the higher 150-mg twice daily dose to be superior to warfarin, reducing stroke/peripheral embolic events by 34% and the risk of hemorrhagic stroke by 74%, with comparable major bleeding rates.

In the ROCKET AF trial, Xarelto (rivaroxaban), 20 mg once daily was shown noninferior to warfarin in reducing all-cause stroke and non-central nervous system (CNS) embolism in AF patients, with a similar rate of major bleeding. However, superiority was not achieved in the primary intention-to-treat analysis, although the secondary "on-treatment" analysis did show superiority.