Is it safe to take neurotin while pregnant?

Hi! I totally agree with Suzanne about being on the Neurontin while pregnant. I have been taking for going on 13 years the max dose for seizures and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, but I've never or have even been pregnant... I will add this... Because of all of My various health problems I go to one doctor who knows My body from the inside and out, and he also happens to be the coroner of the town to make a lil ha-ha there, LOL! But anyways, I still sometimes, rarely, but sometimes get second opinion if it's serious! I was just going to say that I'd not only get Your regular OB/GYN's opinion, but also a second one from another OB/GYN, and possibly opinions from Neurologists, Anesthesiologists (sp), or even maybe a Pain Management. I just say that because Neurontin is used to treat a variety of disorders, is why I threw those suggestions out there.

Neurontin should only be taken during pregnancy if the benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the baby.
Neurontin has been assigned to the FDA pregnancy category C - this means that animal studies have shown evidence of toxicity but there are no studies in humans.
Talk with your doctor about your specific risks and benefits.
http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/gabapentin.html