How does quetiapine work for a patient with chronic mania?

Quetiapine works by blocking dopamine and serotonin receptors in the brain.
These chemicals are thought to play a role in regulating mood. The way they work is not completely understood.

For more information visit:
http://www.drugs.com/enc/bipolar-disorder.html http://www.drugs.com/cdi/quetiapine.html

In theory, Seroquel should work well for chronic mania because the medication sits on the histamine receptor, which should be seen evidenced by reduced psychomotor agitation or mania. Instead, in theory, you should see a more calmer individual. Good luck.