Can prolonged use of enalapril cause stomach pain like acid reflux or even ulcers?

Gastrointestinal side effects are rare with Enalapril. It is unlikely to be the cause.
http://www.drugs.com/gastro.html

Anonymous

Suzzane is correct, & it would be best for you to check with your doctor about these new symptoms. It's not uncommon to have too much stomach acid, & eventually it can cause erosions so you need this checked out by your doctor...

You need to tell your doc because it could be caused by something else. Here is what I found on enalapril. Remember this is only 2 patients of the many who take it. A 56-year-old woman with hypertension and diabetes developed acute abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting associated upper abdominal tenderness, hyperamylasemia, hyperlipasemia, and normal upper abdominal ultrasonography within 24 hours of starting enalapril. The signs and symptoms of pancreatitis resolved over the next several days once the drug was discontinued. No rechallenge was performed.