Is there a problem taking plavix & protonix?

Protonix has been shown to inhibit CYP450 2C19 in vitro, therefore an interaction is theoretically possible leading to reduced formation of the active metabolite of Plavix and reduced therapeutic efficacy. Product labeling for Protonix states that no dosage adjustment of Plavix is necessary when administered with an approved dosage of Protonix. However, it may be advisable to closely monitor the therapeutic efficacy of Plavix during concomitant treatment. An H2-receptor antagonist may be substituted if an interaction is suspected.

You can read the entire write-up on the interactions here: http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=705-360,1790-1152