Can prednisone cause thinning hair?

Nope, not in my experience of over seven years of high to moderate dose.

But thyroid does! Have you had your thyroid checked recently? Since it can change at any time, even a couple months ago may be different now.

However, with prednisone, other meds may be given so if you list all you are taking, we can take a look at that.

Anonymous

It is not listed as a possible side effect and has not been reported as one as of now.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html

I suggest you inform your Dr. on Monday.

Take care,

maso.-

Anonymous

kgnb, welcome to the site. More info on dosage, how long you have been on predisone, & you also list disease. Why are you taking prednisone? These questions would greatly help to answer your question...