Plavix no longer covered by insurance is gerneric drug safe?

Hello mannyslef. Yes, the generic to all non generic drugs are FDA approved and considered to be "safe". Generics do differ to thier chemical substances compared to the non generic in this case being Plavix. Sometimes people do not respond as well to the generic as to the name brand/generic. However, in taking the generic is a person putting herself or himself in or at any kind of risk, no. Often the most noticeable difference is that of side effects. Regards, pledge

Anonymous

Plavix (clopidogrel) is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, contact them, they may be able to help you.

Bristol-Myers Squibb Patient Assistance Foundation Inc.
1-800-736-0003

Best of luck,

maso.-