Phentermine- how long can you take it and if you stop how long before you can begin again?

They recommend 3 weeks, but I've seen people who've taken it alot longer. Its up to your doc.

danielle50 30 Oct 2012

Thanks! I have taken it for four months and lost 25 pounds. Just worried if I gain weight during holidays, will I be able to take it again. Thank you

Anonymous

Hello danielle50. Phentermine is perscribed for the short term usage only. Maxiumun is 14 days and not recommened for longer. Reasons are as follows. In as much is that your bodys immune system builds up a tolerance to the drug the longer one is on it. Simply put, the longer on the drug, the less its effectiveness. Side effects can be dangerous to say the least. High blood pressure, increase in your heart rate to name two. As to when and how often to taking it and stopping the drug, is up to the physician. Regards pledge

danielle50 30 Oct 2012

Thank you!! :)

Anonymous 30 Oct 2012

Welcome and have a great evening.