I had an arachnoid cyst, a build up of spinal fluid, and the spinal cord and my spine were suffering. I got surgery last Tuesday and got out Friday afternoon. I was on Morphine but it didn't do anything except make me itch like crazy. They switched me to something with a D. At least that didn't itch so much. Didn't really do anything either though.
So, Oxycodone and Percocet are not working. Neither are Tylenol or Ibuprofen. This is pathetic. I'm pretty sure that pain medication doesn't work at all for me anymore. It's frustrating and miserable. I tried to ask my parents about alternatives and I am going to speak to my doctor about changing the medicine and the possibility of having built up an immunity to pain medication.

I really do wish something would work. Hydromorphone, although it has a short half life.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments?