Does penicillin work for urinary tract infections?

It depends on what is causing the infection. Its not the usual antibiotic you see for it. Bactrim or Cipro or macrodantin are the ones commonly used.

What is the drug of choice for urinary tract infection due to beta strep B?

It is strep b organism? (for someone allergic to penicillin, when sensitivity testing is not done because this is considered normal vaginal ...

Nitrofurantoin - 4 yrs old takes 3 mths for urinary infection, can it cause stomach & leg pain?

dear sir/madam: as i said before my 4 years old daughter had urinary infection Within a month from 6 months later.but a month ago an Urinary tract ...

Methenamine - REPEATED URINARY TRACT INFECTION'S?

I have been reading the testimonials on methenamine hippurate. Everyone say's they have been on it for years are they taking 2 tablets 365 ...

Prevention of Bladder infection - Are there any members who have Chronic urinary tract infection?

I have been prescribed methenamine after other antibiotics failed to hold off the urinary tract infections. I have been using this drug for one year ...

Urinary Tract Infection - ER Dr told me I had a uti which I thought was a yeast infection and had?

... treated it twice with OTC one day doses. He prescribed cephalexin 500mg three times a day- I took one pill tues night, 3 wed and thurs and now ...