I'm still recovering from back surgery (L4-L5 laminectomy, disc-ectomy, and spinal fusion) which I had in February this past year. I've actually been doing very well without any really debilitating pain. I also started taking Coumadin this past June for arrhythmia that was eventually discovered following my discharge after the back surgery.

Since taking the Coumadin I began noticing a pain in my lower left side. My surgeon had told me that it would take 6 to 12 months for my actual back surgery to heal, and it could take up to a full 2 years for the bone fusion in my spine to be completed. Naturally I assumed that the pain in my side was somehow related to the healing process of my back and so I've been doing my best to ignore it.

In a couple of days I'm going for a routine Colonoscopy. As such, I stopped taking my Coumadin a few days ago in preparation for the procedure. Coincidentally I've also noticed that since stopping the Coumadin the nagging pain in my side is gone. I did a little searching on the Internet and I found that this kind of pain in the side could very well be a side effect of the Coumadin.

Does anyone know anything about this pain in the side? How serious a side effect is it? Exactly what is in my body that is hurting?

Thanks!