Hi Everyone,

I will offer a brief background, and hopefully you guys can give me your opinion on what my doctors have proposed as our next step in pain control.

I have a condition called Complicated Cluster Migraine Syndrome. I have more "bad" days than good unfortunately. I am 42 yrs old, and want to enjoy my life, and more importantly, my family! Ok, enough whining :)

I'm currently on Hydromorph-Contin, 120mg morning, 120mg evening and 90 mg at bedtime. I use immediate release Dilaudid, 80mg for breakthrough pain, and when that fails, my last line of relief is 100mg of IM demerol, mixed with 50mg gravol for the nausea Demerol (Meperidine) causes. So, needless to say, I live in an absolute fog most of the time, and I'm sick of it - if this is what the rest of my life will be - I can do without it!

So, to make a long story short, I got my LTD copany to get together an interdiciplinary meeting of my specialists and myself to deal with this. Fortunately, they not only agreed, they paid for it all! OK, OK, OK... time to get to the crux of my question... after 4 days of discussions, studying charts, looking at options... they have come up with the best route at this point will be Methadone and a drug I am not familiar with at all (well, know a bit now after some research), called Cesamet, and living me with the Demerol for breakthroughs.

What do you think? Have any of you any experiences with either drug? have any of you come to this point where you'd just as soon take an entire bottle than awake to another day of misery, and making everyone around me just as miserable? My husband deserves so much more than this. Please, please, please help.

Janne