OxyContin - what is the difference between 80op and 80oc?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
What's the difference between Oxycontin OC 40 and OP 40?

The potential for abuse with the OP is less than with an OC

joallen27 2 Jan 2011

if your useing the op like the doctor had you use the oc you should not see no diff change... they change it because people sold them and other ppl miss used them...

The difference is the OP was reformulated to prevent abusing the medication. The problem is many people have found them less effective for treating chronic pain. Some have even found whole pills in their stools. Many patients have logged complaints about this to Perdue, the makers of OC (Oxycodone Continous) OP is Oxycontin Perdue. Unfortunately, Perdue holds the patent on this med for several more years.