Is oxycontin the same as oxycodone?

Yes, similar, Oxycontin is Time Release, Oxycodone is Immediate Release (into the blood stream. Bother are for moderate to severe pain. Oxycontin is 10mg every 12 hrs approximately and Oxycodone is 5 to 15 mg every 4 to 6 hours.
For more comparisons you can go here! http://www.diffen.com/difference/OxyContin_vs_Oxycodone

RadAngel28 15 Sep 2013

OxyContin does not actually last 12 hours despite what the manufacturer and some docs might say.

Loren2013 15 Sep 2013

Agree! Each person might be very different in the length of time they benefit from the medication. I once took an Ambien and it worked great that night. Best night of sleep I have ever had. Next night, it did not work at all. That meant I could not take them, you can't double or triple up on those without being in danger. Sleep will just have to wait :)

hello bnbjones
oxycodone is instant release... were as oxycontin is er and last longer then oxycodone... hope this helps..angel1662