Is there an over the counter medicine that is similar to Acyclovir Cream?

If you're dealing with cold sores, abreva is the closest to anything that will help them heal faster. There isn't an antiviral cream over the counter.

I was going to say the same thing as Kaismama. Abreva will help a cold sore heal faster but it is not the same thing as Zovirax or acyclovir. Abreva is not an antiviral like acyclovir. For that, you need a prescription. I wish they would make acyclovir topical OTC. If you have genital lesions or mulitple lesions, you are going to be best served by calling your Dr to see if he will call in some acyclovir cream or best yet, both cream and pills.