Over the counter medication for a UTI?

There is one for the bladder pain, called azo. There is nothing over the counter for the infection and that must be treated, or it will go to the kidneys and can damage them. See your dr.

AZO Standard (phenazopyridine hydrochloride) is sold OTC for bladder pain. There are also store generics available that work as well and are cheaper. It doesnt treat the underlying infection though. You need antibiotics for this. You can use the AZO in tandem with antibiotics to help with the pain while the antibiotics work.

Uristat is another OTC pain relief for UTI's. I think it's the same ingredient as Azo. Basically these medications numb the bladder, which greatly reduces the pain. They are a godsend, for me at least. Your urine will temporarily turn orange with these meds. As was stated in a previous answer, these OTC meds do not treat the infection itself, only the symptoms. It is not a "given" that a UTI will lead to kidney infection, but it can possibly do so. I have frequent UTI's and most are mild and go away within a day or two. If they become severe, I go to the doctor for antibiotics.