Otrivin - I have a sinus problem, I will appreciate you if u suggest me regarding that. Thank You?

Otrivin (xylometazoline) nasal is a decongestant. It works by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the body. The nasal formulation acts directly on the blood vessels in the nasal tissues. Constriction of the blood vessels in the nose and sinuses leads to a decrease in congestion.

Xylometazoline nasal is used to treat congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, sinus irritation, and the common cold.

Otrivin is only for short term use so if you just have a sinus problem due to a common cold then it should help. However, do not use it for more than 5 days without breaks in between.

If you have a chronic sinus problem you may need something, which you could use long term.

You could try taking an antihistamine and decongestant orally. Talk to your doctor, he/she will be able to help you.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/otrivin.html