Can Orajel (Benzocaine) cause you to fail a drug test"urine" for Benzo's?

Anonymous

Hello shanemerrow. No. Your doctor or pharmacist can confirm or ask her/his opinion. Regards pledge

"testing for benzo's" refers to testing for benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are a category of tranquilizing drugs (like valium, xanax, ativan etc), very different from benzocaine. Benzocaine is a local anesthetic and is NOT in the benzodiazepine family even though it has "benzo" in the name.

No it can't. Benzocaine and "Benzos" are two different types of drugs!
But , if you are not sure, you can ask your doctor, or better yet ask your pharmacist, they can tell you the difference between the 2 types of drugs.
Good luck!