Opana ER - what the difference from opana 40mg nucynta 75 mg?

Opana is an extremely powerful opiate and has somewhere around 6-10 times the pain killing strength of Tapentadol (Trade name Nucynta) is a centrally-acting analgesic with a unique dual mode of action as an agonist at the μ-opioid receptor and as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.[2] It is considered to have a potency between tramadol and morphine.[3]. Tapentadol is a new molecular entity that is strucurally similar to tramadol (Ultram) It has opioid and nonopioid acitivity in a single compound. Hope this helps ... Dave

Also the ER means extended release so it should be taken every 12 hours unless directed differently..Be careful as this is not vicodin... Dave

Hello..
I wanted to let you know the very first thing about taking your dose 'Opana ER, especially in the morning( Your 1st of the day). I don't know if your doctor told you, or your pharmacist, however take your 1st tablet on an empty stomach. I was also told to make sure there's a minimum of 2 hours of not eating before my second dose, and not to eat at-least an hour or 2 after my 2nd dose. So, basically not to eat until the medicine has had enough time to dissolve and letting the 'Hydromorphone hydrochloride' get to the area's it's needed to have complete results of this wonderful real pain med.
I don't believe that you gave a description of what you're being prescribed it for, or what doses that your doctor has you on?

oxyaaron 30 Sep 2010

hydromorphone is dilaudid oxymorphone is opana

1Carlilje 13 Sep 2011

I just started taking Opana ER and "daddy01" is right when he said it only works when you are very careful about your diet.