Is nortriptyline ever perscribed for pain management?

Hi botanist,
Yes, nortriptyline and amitriptyline are prescribed quite often for those of us who suffer from nerve pain. I take amitriptyline for peripheral neuropathy and it does dial the pain levels down a notch or two. I don't know if you have neural pain or not, but it does help those of us who can't take the normal nerve pain meds like gabapentin, Cymbalta and Lyrica. Best of luck in your search for pain control.

Hi botanist56,
My friend Kathy stole my answer : ) So, I'll just concur with her, Yes, nortriptyline is often prescribed for any chronic pain patient. It affects the serotonin and norepinephrine levels in the brain, making pain a bit easier to experience.
Best wishes to you,