I have been using the cleanser twice daily for about a month now and haven't really seen any changes in my skin. I also apply Differin gel at night and take Doryx daily, i will try to stick it out another couple months to see how my skin reacts but im wondering if applying the Differin gel at night is making it worse? Or even the antibiotics??
20 Sep 2009
When using Differin gel it make take weeks or even months before you notice improvement in your skin. Your acne may even get slightly worse for a short time when you first start using the medication.
How to Use Differin
* Apply the medication after cleansing your face with a gentle, non-soap cleanser. Gently blot dry your face with a soft towel before application.
* Apply the medication to areas affected by acne once daily before bedtime or as directed by your dermatologist. Use the amount directed by your dermatologist – using more than the recommended dosage will not speed or improve results buy may cause irritation.
* To apply the medication, spread a thin film over all affected areas. Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, angles of the nose and mucous membranes. The product should not be applied to cuts, abrasions, eczematous skin or sunburned skin.
* Call your dermatologist if you experience any skin irritation or any other problems.
* While using the medication, avoid exposure to sunlight or sunlamps. If you must be in the sun, use non-comedogenic sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher.
* Do not stop using the medication without first alerting your dermatologist for further instructions.
* Return to your doctor’s office for follow-up visits as directed by your dermatologist.
* Avoid using new cosmetics, cleansers, moisturizers or sunscreens besides those approved by your dermatologist. Make sure you use cosmetics labeled non-comedogenic.
* You may begin to see results in 8-12 weeks. Your acne will improve with continued use. Regular use will clear existing acne and help prevent new pimples.
During the first few weeks of treatment, itching, dryness, redness, burning or peeling may occur. Exposure to sunlight, including sunlamps, should be minimized during the use of Differin Products. Use of sunscreen and protective clothing over treated areas is recommended when exposure cannot be avoided. As with other acne medications, overexposure to extreme wind or cold, or use of irritating skin care products may aggravate the skin.
Hang in there and stick with it.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I got prescribed Clenia Foaming Wash, but I haven't noticed the "foaming action". It's consistency is foamless, roughly ...
1 answer • 7 Aug 2009
ive been using differin for about a week , i seen improvements in my acne but now my face is peeling , should i continue using differin?
2 answers • 5 Mar 2010
I loved Perrigo's bottled version of this acne medicine (it was called a kit because you could add tint) because it dried out my skin (in a good ...
1 answer • 2 May 2012
... afterwards, per dermatologist for oily skin/acne. she has experienced severe dryness and skin burnng. She has stopped using this, but still feels ...
1 answer • 30 Jun 2013