Neurontin - is weight gain a side effect of the drug?

Hello archmar. Yes, it is. Its a common, normal side effect. In clinical studies, up to 2.6% of users gained some weight when taking Neurontin. Regards, pledge

archmar 2 Apr 2012

Thanks for the answer pledge, been taking neurontin for 18 years and now found out about this side effect.

Anonymous 2 Apr 2012

I understand. I hope all goes well. Regards, pledge

Please be careful with thiis drug. If the weight that you're gaining seems to be caused by swelling in your feet, ankles and legs make sure you talk to your doctor. That's what happened to me. I gained 15 pounds that I'm still trying to lose. That was after only being on it for less than two weeks.

archmar 12 Apr 2012

Thanks for the info. I plan to talk to Dr. about it on next visit.