Can naproxen 500mg help with the swelling of poison ivy?

I dont think Naproxen will hurt you. It may help even but usually these types of inflammations respond best to something like a Medrol pack. I'm not a big fan of steroids but they are indicated for this type of inflammation.

It might take down some of the inflammation. Cortisone is the preferable thing to use. In cream or if its really bad, a prescription for oral cortisone might be required. An anti histamine may help too.

Anonymous

Naproxen probably won't reduce the swelling, a topical such as a corticosteriod that you can get from a physician or NP, or even over the counter hydrocortisone sterioid cream can help with it. over the counter medications are weaker and may take longer to see a result. there are also over the counter medications such as benadryl spray that will help reduce the redness and swelling and contain benzocaine that will numb the area temporarily.