My question is. Can you start tysabri therapy even though I was on solu-medrol and then predisone?

If this is your first infusion, then the nurse should have asked you 4 questions before scheduling this appointment. Question #4 specifically mentions steroids:

"Pre-infusion Patient Checklist with the infusion site staff.
4. In the past month, other than for the treatment of a recent relapse, have you taken any of the following medicines*: Solu-Medrol®, methylprednisolone, Decadron®, dexamethasone, Depo-Medrol®, prednisone, or other steroid medicines?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, the infusion site staff must contact your healthcare professional prior to starting the infusion to determine whether you can go ahead with the infusion or whether it needs to be rescheduled."

I received 5 days of Solu-Medrol. My doctor had me wait two weeks before my first infusion. This was done so that he could see how my body accepted the Tysabri. Now if I have iv steroids for 3 days, he allows me to keep my 28 day schedule of Tysabri.

Please contact your doctor first and discuss this with him/her!

faith1234 20 Apr 2011

Thanks for all your help. I did answer all the 4 questions but maybe that is why they are waiting to start the tysabri. I had solu-medrol about three weeks ago.