My husband just started taking valturna. He takes lipitor... he is in pain now : what's up?

Checked the Interactions between the 2 meds, and it has been recommended to be monitored:

Applies to: Lipitor (atorvastatin), Valturna (aliskiren/valsartan)

MONITOR: Coadministration with atorvastatin may increase the plasma concentrations of aliskiren. The exact mechanism of interaction is unknown but may involve competitive inhibition of the CYP450 3A4 metabolism of aliskiren. According to the product labeling, peak plasma concentration (Cmax) and area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) of aliskiren were increased approximately 50% by atorvastatin following multiple dosing. Aliskiren had no significant effect on the pharmacokinetics of atorvastatin.

im an idiot... that interaction checker is hard for me to understand! lol best advice i can give... have you husband report it to his dr asap... maybe he can get another drug with less side effects