7 Sep 2009
It is advisable to use it as your doctor prescribed.
Mole removal opens the skin and there is risk of infection.
Mupirocin is an antibiotic. It prevents bacteria from growing on your skin, and will prevent an infection from happening on the open skin (site of mole removal).
- Mupirocin Information for Consumers
- Mupirocin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mupirocin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 19 Nov 2009
Is there another medication that does the same thing that my insurance may cover or is there some type of "code" my Dr should use to cover ...
0 answers • 27 Jun 2011
Couldn't afford mupirocin need to no what I can buy over counter jus as good?
1 answer • 9 Oct 2011
... did you contact? My ins. will only cover 80% and I do not have any way to cover the remaining 20%.
0 answers • 28 Dec 2012
52, occasional pimple- saw derm 1st visit and he prescribed accutane- seems extreme- is there Quota?
I don't have cystic pimples and had just gone in for a mole removal. I am past menopause and my skin is actually pretty good. The dr noticed a ...
1 answer • 15 Feb 2014