My dog has bone cancer can I give him lortab 10 / 325 mg for pain?

Hi,
I'm not a vet, but have had dogs forever, one of which had a badly broken elbow. It's not as serious as cancer but he did need pain control while recovering.
I believe lortab contains acetaminophen which is generally not really a good thing to give to dogs. You'll need to speak to your vet about dog specific pain control meds; there are narcotics that are made specifically for dogs and their metabolisms. You could also ask about tramadol (it's used in people too). I don't know much about cancer but I think sometimes traditional cancer treatment like radiation can also help with pain. Alternative therapies like acupuncture can help with relaxation, stiffness etc. (The guy that had the break still goes for acupuncture 3 or 4 times a year and it helps with the arthritis the break caused.)
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your dog-- it's heartbreaking when they get sick.
Take care, Ade