My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

I am trying to taper off fluoxitine - I was on 40mg a day and tapered down to 20mg every 4 days - i?

... did this within a month and am having horrible side effects now. i think i did it too quickly? can i be on fluoxitine and wellbutrin at the same ...

Catapres - My doctor put me on a rapid sub taper 2.5 for two days - then half of that for 3 days and

... then stop and then take clonadine for 4 days .1 mg 4 times a day and then start tapering that- will this work

I took 180 mg of prednisone for hives. It stop the attack in one day. How do I taper off?

I Read that being on prednisone for more than seven days can permanently affect adrenal function. If I reduce my dosage by 20 mg per day, one pill it ...

My mom was on prednisone for years, and she skipped a few days and was admitted to the hospital. A?

... doctor suggested using hydrocortisone instead of prednisone, so I had her switched , but she just didn't seem right after that. So I asked ...