My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

Numbness After Prednisone Taper?

I just wanted to know if extremity numbness is normal when reducing prednisone. I am 33 years old and was prescribed a prednisone taper after a bout ...

Can I stop taking prednisone after taking it for 3 days?

I was prescribed prednisone for bulging disks. 10mgs 4x's a day for 3 days then 3x's and so on. I'm on day three and need to stop ...

Catapres - My doctor put me on a rapid sub taper 2.5 for two days - then half of that for 3 days and

... then stop and then take clonadine for 4 days .1 mg 4 times a day and then start tapering that- will this work

I took 180 mg of prednisone for hives. It stop the attack in one day. How do I taper off?

I Read that being on prednisone for more than seven days can permanently affect adrenal function. If I reduce my dosage by 20 mg per day, one pill it ...