My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone - I have been having breathing issues for 3 months now and habe been on steriods?

... intrevenously and orally. They didn't help and now my doctor wants ne back on 60 mg of predisone for 4 days then taper for a total of 10 ...

I was prescribed Prednisone 10 MG for a drug allergy that made red rash blotches on my skin. It was?

... given on a taper dosing treatment of, 40mg day 1, 30mg day 2, 20mg day 3, 10mg day 4, 10mg day 5. I finished the first tapered dose treatment 4 ...

40mg of Prednisone for 2 days?

im 17 years old. I'm in a flare for Crohn's and my doctor recommended a total amount of 40mg prednisone for 2 days. 4 doses in total. Would ...

How long do you have to be on prednisone before adrenal insufficiency becomes a risk?

Been on prednisone twice in the past month and a half. Both times were tapered doses starting at 40mg and reduced by 5 mg every second day. After the ...

Prednisone - I have psoratic arthritis and was put on 10mg for 30 days the 5 mgs for 30days?

.I also started Enbrel 50mg weekly injections a month into the Prednisone shots. I have 15 more days on the 5mg then I'm suppose to quit. Its ...

2 answers 19 days ago