My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

I am trying to taper off fluoxitine - I was on 40mg a day and tapered down to 20mg every 4 days - i?

... did this within a month and am having horrible side effects now. i think i did it too quickly? can i be on fluoxitine and wellbutrin at the same ...

Prednisolone weaning question?

My daughter was put on 20mg daily (5mg tabs) of prednisone for 2 months. Her GI put her on a wean schedule. Three days after completing it, she began ...

Can I stop taking prednisone after taking it for 3 days?

I was prescribed prednisone for bulging disks. 10mgs 4x's a day for 3 days then 3x's and so on. I'm on day three and need to stop ...

I took 180 mg of prednisone for hives. It stop the attack in one day. How do I taper off?

I Read that being on prednisone for more than seven days can permanently affect adrenal function. If I reduce my dosage by 20 mg per day, one pill it ...