My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

Numbness After Prednisone Taper?

I just wanted to know if extremity numbness is normal when reducing prednisone. I am 33 years old and was prescribed a prednisone taper after a bout ...

Prednisolone weaning question?

My daughter was put on 20mg daily (5mg tabs) of prednisone for 2 months. Her GI put her on a wean schedule. Three days after completing it, she began ...

Prednisone - I have been having breathing issues for 3 months now and habe been on steriods?

... intrevenously and orally. They didn't help and now my doctor wants ne back on 60 mg of predisone for 4 days then taper for a total of 10 ...

To taper or not to taper?

My situation - I was put on prednisone to try and raise my platelets to be able to have an epidural Started - 15 to 23 October 2015 - 9 days - ...