My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

I took 180 mg of prednisone for hives. It stop the attack in one day. How do I taper off?

I Read that being on prednisone for more than seven days can permanently affect adrenal function. If I reduce my dosage by 20 mg per day, one pill it ...

Prednisone - I have been having breathing issues for 3 months now and habe been on steriods?

... intrevenously and orally. They didn't help and now my doctor wants ne back on 60 mg of predisone for 4 days then taper for a total of 10 ...

To taper or not to taper?

My situation - I was put on prednisone to try and raise my platelets to be able to have an epidural Started - 15 to 23 October 2015 - 9 days - ...

I was prescribed Prednisone 10 MG for a drug allergy that made red rash blotches on my skin. It was?

... given on a taper dosing treatment of, 40mg day 1, 30mg day 2, 20mg day 3, 10mg day 4, 10mg day 5. I finished the first tapered dose treatment 4 ...

0 answers 2 days 21 hours ago