My doctor put me on Prednisone 40mg/day for 7 days with no taper. Is this okay?

Yes, tapering is usually required only after long term treatment.
Seven day treatment is considered short term.

How long will withdrawal from Prednisone last?

I'm 19, very healthy eater, and work out regularly. I took Prednisone for 10 days on a taper, (60mg for 3 days, 40mg for 3 days, 20 mg for 3 ...

Prednisone taper?

Have been since August 16 2013 on prednisone dose of 40 mg for UC colonoscopy was 9/11/13 cox of sigmoid proctitis, but have been to 50 mg of ...

How long do you have to wait to use Prednisone again?

Hello to all. New to the group. About every six months or so I need to do a "Prednisone taper" for my nasal polyps. I take 60mg each day ...

Catapres - My doctor put me on a rapid sub taper 2.5 for two days - then half of that for 3 days and

... then stop and then take clonadine for 4 days .1 mg 4 times a day and then start tapering that- will this work

My mom was on prednisone for years, and she skipped a few days and was admitted to the hospital. A?

... doctor suggested using hydrocortisone instead of prednisone, so I had her switched , but she just didn't seem right after that. So I asked ...

1 answer 9 days ago