My doctor prescribed Metronidazole for an infection has anyone taken 4-500mg tablets at once?

Yes, Metronidazole 2g (4 x 500mg tablets) as a single dose is used to treat trichomoniasis and other anaerobic infections.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1046021

samkelly 14 Sep 2009

Thank you for replying to my comment. My doctor didn't explain what the medication was for. Anytime I am prescribed something that I haven't taken before, I look it up on the internet. After reading the comments that were posted by other members that have taken it (nausea, after-taste), I was leary to take that many at one time. I appreciate the feedback. I