My doctor prescribed Metronidazole for an infection has anyone taken 4-500mg tablets at once?

Yes, Metronidazole 2g (4 x 500mg tablets) as a single dose is used to treat trichomoniasis and other anaerobic infections.

samkelly 14 Sep 2009

Thank you for replying to my comment. My doctor didn't explain what the medication was for. Anytime I am prescribed something that I haven't taken before, I look it up on the internet. After reading the comments that were posted by other members that have taken it (nausea, after-taste), I was leary to take that many at one time. I appreciate the feedback. I