My child is only 15 months old but was given nasonex because of ear infections. Is this correct?

I can't really comment on why the doctor gave Nasonex for an ear infection ... there might have been some reasoning behind his prescribing.

But Nasonex will not treat an ear infection. I seriously hope an antibiotic (oral or ear drops) was given with it.

Nasonex is used to treat and prevent nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. Nasonex is also used to treat growths in the nose (nasal polyps) in adults.

Mometasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.