Multivitamin - what is the role of methylcobalamin in pregnancy?

Methylcobalamin is vitamin B12. Vitamin B12, together with folic acid, are important in early pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects.

Methylcobalamin is an important form of Vitamin B12 which helps the fetus to develop healthy neurons. But it is important to note that Methyl cobalamin alone will not help rather it needs a perfect combination of omega 3 fatty acids, Folic acid, Vit D3(800 I.U/day) should be given from the 2nd trimester to till end of lactation.