Mesalamine - has anyone experienced any weight gain from taking lialda?

Yes! I gained weight when I started taking Lialda and I was glad! I was loosing weight because my colon was in such bad shape I was not absorbing nutrients - bleeding regularly. When I started using Lialda, my condition cleared up and the bleeding stopped. My Iron count went up and I gained back over 10 pounds that I had lost due to the colitis. I am currently still taking the meds, but am watching what I eat and exercising more regularly to get into shape. I do not consider the weight I gained to be a bad thing. The drug helped me. Now I just need to be cognisent of my personal diet and activity. I recommend Lialda to anyone who had Colitis! It worked wonders for me.