What is the dosage, frequency and route of administration for mefenamic acid

I no longer take Mefenamic Acid, as when I went on the contreceptive pill my serious menstral pains seemed to subside completely.
But when I was taking Mefenamic Acid my doctor prescribed me to take it 3 times a day, orally, every day that I was on my period. And it worked very well for me in the couple years that I used it. Hope this helps!

Mefenamic acid is taken orally. It is available in 250mg capsule form. Important to take it immediately after food and with a glass of water.

Usual Adult Dose for Pain:
500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 7 days.

Usual Adult Dose for Dysmenorrhea:
500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours starting with the onset of menses.

Usual Pediatric Dose for Pain:
14 to 18 years: 500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 7 days.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/mefenamic-acid.html

ratna devi 7 Jan 2011

and it also use as a pain killer...