What is the dosage, frequency and route of administration for mefenamic acid

Mefenamic acid is taken orally. It is available in 250mg capsule form. Important to take it immediately after food and with a glass of water.

Usual Adult Dose for Pain:
500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 7 days.

Usual Adult Dose for Dysmenorrhea:
500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours starting with the onset of menses.

Usual Pediatric Dose for Pain:
14 to 18 years: 500 mg orally followed by 250 mg every 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 7 days.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/mefenamic-acid.html

ratna devi 7 Jan 2011

and it also use as a pain killer...

I no longer take Mefenamic Acid, as when I went on the contreceptive pill my serious menstral pains seemed to subside completely.
But when I was taking Mefenamic Acid my doctor prescribed me to take it 3 times a day, orally, every day that I was on my period. And it worked very well for me in the couple years that I used it. Hope this helps!