What medications are similar to Cymbalta?

Hi, downtowner! There are dozens of different anti-depressants: tricyclics, MAOIs, SSRIs, and SNRIs. Cymbalta is in a class by itself, an SSNRI.
Different medications work for some people, others don't. May I ask if you're thinking of switching?
Best wishes, WC

Downtowner01 9 Feb 2013

Hi, WC. I am looking at alternative medications which would hopefully work for me as well as Cymbalta, because my Medicare/Medicaid/Extra Help drug coverage has changed. Instead of a $3.30 copay for a 30 day supply, the cost is now $93.91 for a 30 day supply. I do not want to stop taking Cymbalta, as it has worked well for me for 15 years, but I may not have a choice. Best, DT

WildcatVet 9 Feb 2013

Hi, dt! I can understand that!! I'm on Medicare and have to fight constantly to keep my meds covered. Even with the drug plan, I spend nearly half my check on drugs (prescription ~ HaHa).
Good luck and if you have to change there are some good medications that are now generic. Feel free to ask us any questions you might have. WC