What does "T" and "C" mean please. Specifically I am looking at Levetiracetam er? Thank you?

Because of the kind of medication you are looking at, I would say its tonic-clonic.

Jazille 25 May 2012

Thank you. But what does that mean?

kaismama 25 May 2012

Its the description of the type of seizure, the tightening and relaxing of a seizure.

Generalized tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures are the easiest seizures to recognize. They happen most often in people with generalized epilepsy of unknown cause. A generalized tonic-clonic seizure begins with a sudden loss of consciousness. During the first 15 to 30 seconds of the seizure, the entire body stiffens as the muscles contract. The back and neck are arched. Sometimes the person may cry out as the vocal cords contract and air is released from the lungs. The person may turn blue because he or she isn't breathing. This is the tonic phase of the seizure. During the next 30 to 45 seconds, the muscles jerk (convulse) in a rhythmic pattern. This is the clonic phase of the seizure. While the muscles are jerking, the person may bite his or her tongue or lose bladder or bowel control. An entire seizure lasts 1 to 2 minutes. After the seizure, the person will be unresponsive at first but will gradually wake up within 10 to 30 minutes.

Jazille 25 May 2012

Thank you.