How many prescription drugs are on the market in the USA? OTC + Prescription? In the world?

Way too many to sit and count them.

I would suggest the FDA website, at least for drugs in the US. It will be difficult to find about all the drugs available in the world.

brendankachou 5 Nov 2013

Is there an FDA list? I thought of this already, I didn't know where to start though because Google was no help.

DzooBaby 6 Nov 2013

Are you serious?

kaismama 5 Nov 2013

lol dd, that was my first thought too.

Counted 6639 prescription + OTC from FDA site as of 10/16/2014. This includes current, waiting for approval, and discontinued drugs.

When I find out how many of those are only prescription, I will update. And also the data for the world.