Does lyrica work well for nerve pain?

For some its excellent. I found for myself that gabapentin was better.

Lyrica worked wonderfully for me. I had chronic nerve pain and was on it for a year. It took 4 weeks before it really started to work for me but it definitely worked. I even slept better. I was able to go off it after a year without having the pain come back. It definitely helped.
Only problem I had was on the stronger doses my short term memory was terrible. If I didn't write it down I forgot. Once I got in the habit of writing things down it was good.

It's really hit or miss. It works very well for some people, doesn't work at all for others. The best thing you can do is just try it out yourself to see whether or not it will work for you.