How long does 25mg Adderall XR stay in your system?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
How long does Adderall stay in your system?

Adderall XR will be effective in your system for 6 to 8 hours (the drug companies state 12 hours, but I have never known that to be the case for individuals taking XR). Of course this all depends on how you personally metabolism the medication. You would want to take it early in the day so it does not disrupt your sleep - either getting to sleep or staying asleep. Now the half-life of the medication is longer, but I would not be too concerned about that unless you are having some residual effects after that initial period of efficacy. I have taken Regular Adderall, and it didn't affect my sleep if I did not take it too late in the day - of course, I did not receive the benefits of the longer lasting XR because the immediate release form wears off much quicker. I am just wondering what the impetus is for asking your question.

Anonymous

All depends if u have taken some the days before u took the 25mg. But amphetamines stay in urine 1-3 days depending how much/how long u took it. Give urself 2 or 3 days to b safe

pbandami 8 Sep 2012

I was unaware this concerned a drug test. Certainly would have changed my answer since I was only answering in regard to half-life, not how long it takes to clear the system completely. Thanks for correcting my answer. Great catch.
All the best,
Philip

Anonymous 8 Sep 2012

Yeah we both gave half of what I think he was askin so it worked great

Hello gettingstarted. It varies from person to person and It has a fast halflife. Six to eight hours. As for being detectable in your system, up to seven days and possibly longer. Regards pledge

XR actually lasts about 10-12 hours for me, even though when I was on Concerta, it lasted about 7 hours max under perfect conditions.

However, if I spend all day trying to be focused on things like studying, driving, playing one game for a long time, etc., it may stop being effective before 10 hours. I can only do so much in one day, and Adderall doesn't fix that.