Does lithium cause weight loss?

I take lithium and it causes loss of appetite, therefore yes it causes weight loss.

Take care,

I'm starting lithium tomorrow 900mg q pm.i'm scare I was taken serequel didn't help !?

suffering for the last 10yrs.and missed DX. finally found out i have bipolar depression put on lithium concern abt the weight gain and how is going ...

I suffer from the milder form of bi-polar. My medications include Lithium Bicarbonate 450 mg;?

Zoloft 100mg; Trazadone 100 mg. Can I take any weight loss over-the-counter medications or pure aspirin such as Bayer 81mg? I need to know; I thank ...

Dr is wanting to change me from lithium to Depakote, don't want weight gain, what else could I try?

I have heard Deprakote puts weight on you and I have enough problem with that and do not need anymore help. Are there any drugs that will takes the ...

Does latuda weight gain ever stop?

I have gained 35 lbs in just over 7 months on Latuda. I also take Vivactil 10mg and Lithium 100mg daily. I have just tried Saphris with no ...

For people on lithium have you gained weight on lithium?

Before I started lithium i off from anti-psychotic drugs. I lost a lot of weight. Later problem arose and my doctor prescribed me Lithium which at ...