Lisinopril - WILL IT CURE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?

Unfortunately, there is no "cure" for high blood pressure. Lisinopril is very effective at controlling high blood pressure in order to maintain desired blood pressure. Many people on blood pressure meds make the mistake of discontinuing their medications because their blood pressure is no longer high. However, the blood pressure is no longer high because they have been taking medication to control it. Frequently patients discontinue their blood pressure meds because they think they are cured. Then their blood pressure shoots right back up. Also, taking meds to control hypertension are preventative measures for more serious conditions that sustained high blood pressure can cause, such as stroke, heart attack, and heart failure.

There is no cure for high blood pressure but Lisinopril can help keep it under control. It's been working for me.