Hi everyone! I'm new here and was very happy to discover these forums. Seems like a lot of great info in here!

Anyway, I have question I hope some of you can help me with. What dose of Lexapro do all of you take (or have you taken in the past)? I started at 10 mg about two years ago. About a year later, my doctor increased my dosage to 20 mg. And then yesterday, my psychiatrist told me he wants me to try 30 mg because I was complaining about increased anxiety recently, for no apparent reason.

From what I've read, it seems that most people don't go above 20 mg, so I'm worried, even though I tolerate Lexapro well. I had very bad experiences with Effexor and Wellbutrin, both prescribed by a family doctor, not a psychiatrist. I haven't had any negative side effects to the Lexapro, and remain 5'8", 130 lbs, after two years on the medication. The lack of interest in sex is the worst part, but my boyfriend is very understanding, and is just happy that I'm not crying all the time like I used to be!

In terms of other background info, I'm an otherwise-healthy 27-year-old girl/woman (haha). I've been diagnosed with GAD and depression (but the depression is secondary to the anxiety). Oh, and PMDD, which may play a role in all of this. I have had one panic attack in my life, and that was a couple months ago, and my doctor thinks it was caused by a weird reaction to Ambien CR, which had been making my heart race and increasing my blood pressure for days). I am generally the type of functional person that no one guesses suffers the way I do.

In addition to the now-30 mg of Lexapro, I'm on 100 mg of Trazodone for sleep, and take 1 mg of Lorazepam "as needed" for anxiety (usually daily).

I never wanted to be on all of these meds, but I just want to feel better, and Lexapro did make me feel better, so I kind of feel OK about the higher dose, but it kind of worries me.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks so much.