Lantus Solostar - Can u split dose between moring and evening?

You shouldn't split dosage of Lantus to twice daily dosing. It's profile is such that it is given once a day. If you split the dose it may not work as effectively as the level of insulin in your body won't be high enough to start of with.

Sherryrose56 11 Mar 2012

Thank so much for responding. My dr. Started me off with 10 units at bedtime. I take 100mgs of januvia and 4 mg of glipizide a day. I quit taking the januvia for 1 week and started taking the lantus 10 morning 10 at night. Sugar got better right off. Really just wanted to know if it would hurt me. My Doc will prob. Get a little upset about this but u get tired of calling them so much. Tnx