Ketorolac - what are the adverse effects?

Anonymous

Ketorolac (Toradol) is usually prescribed for short term use only, no more than 5 days. It can cause serious side effects such as peptic ulcers and internal bleeding and should be taken with a full glass of water and you should not lie down for at least 20 minutes after taking it. That will prevent irritation of the upper digestive tract.

Other common side effects are: diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, indigestion, nausea, stomach pain, and fluid retention. Less common side effects are: high blood pressure, inflammation of the mouth, rash, purple spots on skin, sweating, and vomiting.

Also, avoid taking aspirin and other NSAIDS (Motrin, Advil, etc) while taking Toradol.