I have never missed more than one pill before. What is the maximum amount of "active" pills I can take in one day>
8 Aug 2009
This is what you do if you miss one or more Jolessa pills
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISS PILLS
If you MISS 1 pink “active” pill:
1. Take it as soon as you remember. Take the next pill at your regular time. This means you may take 2 pills in 1 day.
2. You do not need to use a back-up birth control method if you have sex.
If you MISS 2 pink “active” pills in a row:
1. Take 2 pills on the day you remember, and 2 pills the next day.
2. Then take 1 pill a day until you finish the pack.
3. You COULD BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex in the 7 days after you restart your pills. You MUST use another birth control method (such as condoms or spermicide) as a back-up on the 7 days after you restart your pills.
If you MISS 3 OR MORE pink “active” pills in a row:
1. Do not remove the missed pills from the pack as they will not be taken. Keep taking 1 pill every day as indicated on the pack until you have completed all of the remaining pills in the pack. For example: If you resume taking the pill on Thursday, take the pill under “Thursday” and do not take the missed pills. You may experience bleeding during the week following the missed pills.
2. You COULD BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex during the days of missed pills or during the first 7 days after restarting your pills.
3. You must use a non-hormonal birth control method (such as condoms or spermicide) as a back-up when you miss pills and for the first 7 days after you restart your pills. If you miss your period when you are taking the white pills, call your healthcare provider because you may be pregnant.
If you MISS ANY of the 7 white inactive pills.
1. Throw away the missed pills.
2. Keep taking the scheduled pills until the pack is finished.
3. You do not need a back-up method of birth control.
FINALLY, IF YOU ARE STILL NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE PILLS YOU HAVE MISSED
1. Use a BACK-UP METHOD anytime you have sex.
2. KEEP TAKING ONE PILL EACH DAY until you contact your healthcare provider.
- Jolessa Information for Consumers
- Jolessa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)< / span>
- Side Effects of Jolessa (detailed)< / span>
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
my girl miss her pills for one is thier any possibility that she will get pregnant? what shall we do to make up her miss? can she take 2 pills if she ...
2 answers • 28 Sep 2009
Missed a pill, within the last 4 active pills of my pack. Had unprotected sex the day after I miss the pill, but had taken both pills that day. Have ...
1 answer • 10 Nov 2009
... have started my period a week before the white pills. I have taken pregnancy tests both times to be sure. Is this okay or a normal part when ...
1 answer • 1 Dec 2009
My other periods have been light and short. I have had one sexual encounter without backup birth control. I have taken 2 at home pregnancy tests and ...
1 answer • 18 Sep 2012
heavy spotting/bleeding, when will it end?
1 answer • 9 Aug 2014