28 Jul 2009
Jolessa (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol tablets)
Strength : 0.15 mg/0.03 mg
Generic for: Seasonale Tablets
Imprint Code : b/992; b/208
Description : Round, Pink; Round, White
Therapeutic Category : Contraceptives
It depends what color pill you lost. If it was one of the white inactive pills there is no problem.
If you lost one of the pink pills, replace it from the very last day of the package, and then keep taking the pills one a day as usual. You will be one pill short at the end of the package which means your period will probably come a day earlier.
Here is the information from the manufacturer on what to do if you miss Jolessa or Seasonale pills.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISS PILLS
If you MISS 1 pink “active” pill:
1. Take it as soon as you remember. Take the next pill at your regular time. This means you may take 2 pills in 1 day.
2. You do not need to use a back-up birth control method if you have sex.
If you MISS 2 pink “active” pills in a row:
1. Take 2 pills on the day you remember, and 2 pills the next day.
2. Then take 1 pill a day until you finish the pack.
3. You COULD BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex in the 7 days after you restart your pills. You MUST use another birth control method (such as condoms or spermicide) as a back-up on the 7 days after you restart your pills.
If you MISS 3 OR MORE pink “active” pills in a row:
1. Do not remove the missed pills from the pack as they will not be taken. Keep taking 1 pill every day as indicated on the pack until you have completed all of the remaining pills in the pack. For example: If you resume taking the pill on Thursday, take the pill under “Thursday” and do not take the missed pills. You may experience bleeding during the week following the missed pills.
2. You COULD BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex during the days of missed pills or during the first 7 days after restarting your pills.
3. You must use a non-hormonal birth control method (such as condoms or spermicide) as a back-up when you miss pills and for the first 7 days after you restart your pills. If you miss your period when you are taking the white pills, call your healthcare provider because you may be pregnant.
If you MISS ANY of the 7 white inactive pills.
1. Throw away the missed pills.
2. Keep taking the scheduled pills until the pack is finished.
3. You do not need a back-up method of birth control.
FINALLY, IF YOU ARE STILL NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE PILLS YOU HAVE MISSED
1. Use a BACK-UP METHOD anytime you have sex.
2. KEEP TAKING ONE PILL EACH DAY until you contact your healthcare provider.
- Jolessa Information for Consumers
- Jolessa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Jolessa (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I have never missed more than one pill before. What is the maximum amount of "active" pills I can take in one day>
1 answer • 4 Aug 2009
... ovulation this month and since i have been on jolessa for over a year, how do I know how long my normal cycle is (for ex. 28 days or 30 days) ?
1 answer • 27 Aug 2009
i was diagnosed with gastroparesis a couple months ago. every couple time a week at least one a week i get this popping feeling in my stomach kinda ...
1 answer • 16 Nov 2012
I just finished my sugar pills for Jolessa and now I haven't taken a pill since, ( Im done using it)
... What is expected to happen now?
1 answer • 5 Apr 2016