I've been on Warfarin for almost a year due to a pulmonary embolism. How long should I take it?

Depends on the dr but lots will leave you on some type of blood thinner forever depending on your age.

Warfarin is usually a lifetime medication. You need to talk to your doctor about this.

Is your PE gone? Was this your first time having a PE? How was it caused? Based on your answers to these questions and more will decide if you need to stay on Warfarin. If you feel that you are not getting the answers you need then you need to go and see a Hematologist.

You need to talk to your doctor and go by what he says. You can't just stop taking warfarin. You have to slowly come off if per what your doctor tells you .