It will be 7 years in March 2011 I have had my Mirena, is this dangerous?

Anonymous

Hi,
Mirena should not remain in the uterus after 5 years.You may insert a new mirena immediately following removal.

Make an appoinment with your Gynecologist..it has been too long, I hope there are no complications

All the best.

It is dangerous. You lose your protection after five years, hormone wise, and it will increase your chances of ectopic pregnancy. If you want continual birth control have it replaces asap! If you want to get pregnant, have it removed! Please do this SOON! Best wishes!