Is vistaril habit forming or mentally additive? Is it diffacult to stop taking the drug?

Vistaril/Atarax (Hydroxyzine) is a first-generation antihistamine (like Benadryl) with a mild sedative effect... Long term users of Vistaril do not develop a tolerance or require an increased dosage, so, no it is not physically addictive. In my own personal experience it is possible to develop a psychological addicition to anything on the face of the earth, so Vistaril would be no exception. There are no withdrawal symptoms when discontinuing Vistaril... It is widely used for a vast array of conditions and has very few/if any harmful side effects when taken as directed... Hope this helps. Colin Zimmermann.