Is venlafaxine ever used to treat insomnia?

Venlafaxine (Effexor) is an antidepressant that is used to treat major depression, and general anxiety disorder (GAD). It's also used for OCD patients. I do not think it is prescribed as a med for insomnia. Hope this helps.

I am taking Venlafxine not for depression but for the side effects of taking Femara (Letrozole) for breast cancer - apparently it has been found to help reduce hot flushes. I have to say that it has greatly reduced my hot flushes and my night sweats have stopped completely so it does help me sleep better, but not sure that it is specifically for insomnia - maybe it depends on the cause of your insomnia.