Is vanacof anything like codien/promethezyne?

Vanacof CD contains codeine, dexchlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine).

Codeine is in a group of drugs called narcotics. It is a cough suppressant that affects the signals in the brain that trigger cough reflex.

Dexchlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.

Phenylephrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).

The combination of codeine, dexchlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine is used to treat cough, runny or stuffy nose, and sneezing caused by the common cold.
Codeine will not treat a cough that is caused by smoking, asthma, or emphysema.

Codeine, dexchlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.